Congratulations and welcome to the Appalachian State family! Below you will find topics, links, and documents useful to all of our certificate program students.
If you are a newly enrolled student in our online-only programs, including the Middle Grades and Career and Technical Education tracks, please see more specific instructions on how to get started here.
Check ASU Email
- Provided via gmail.com
- Faculty and staff are required to communicate to enrolled students via your appstate.edu addresses.
- Please check your ASU email often or set up a forwarding client to your preferred account
Programs of Study
For information on the course requirements for each of the different certificate tracks, please see our Programs of Study (DOC, 50 KB).
- Textbook search here, through bookstore.appstate.edu
- Some instructors may share textbook info by
- Emailing you directly
- Posting in AsULearn
- Questions? Email your instructor.
- Your instructor will email you course specifics.
- Course portals may not appear until the first class date.
- If you haven't gotten an email about course access by the week prior to the first class, email Dr. Thornton.
Financial Aid is available to you if you are enrolled for 5 or more hours of coursework in the G-cert program. To request aid, complete the processes found at the financial aid site link below. Next, sign the course verification below and email to email@example.com. Dr. Thornton will sign it and attach a signed plan of study and send it over to financial aid for you. There are also free loan opportunities for folks getting a license in these high need areas in NC. Check out cfnc.org/fels for more information.
After this initial process, please direct ALL questions about financial aid to the Financial Aid Office.
- Visit studentaccounts.appstate.edu
- Click here for current tuition and fees
- Please direct ALL questions about billing, payment plans, payment options and refunds to Student Accounts.
More information on the required Praxis II exam can be found here.
To complete the certificate program, please follow the instructions outlined here by the Graduate School.
Upon completion of the certificate program, to become licensed in North Carolina follow the instructions listed here.
Course-specific questions: Your instructor.
Student Services questions: Office of Distance Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.